Saturday, November 05, 2005

Saturday, thank goodness!

Well, we had the wake for my mother-in-law on Thursday and burial on Friday. It is strange to have this all completed, yet still feel so up in the air. I was asked to give the eulogy, which I did. That is something I never thought I would be doing!! I hope I brought Jerry some peace by doing that. It was rather surreal. I guess I never really thought of myself as someone to give a Eulogy. It is such an honor, yet such a difficult task.

We were fortunate to be surrounded by family and friends. So many people came through for us all in such amazing ways. All 7 of Jerry's cousins were here. My cousins and aunt and uncle also made appearances. Ilene was a tremendous rock and help. The list just goes on and on.

Thank you to everyone who sent well wishes and condolences. It is appreciated.

No comments: