Saturday, January 28, 2006

Getting Started....

Well, we are finally getting started on the nursery. We picked out the paint last night. I am such a big softie. I actually got teary-eyed. With the unexpected longer wait, I just really had to get things started. I guess I feel like..... I have to be proactive when it comes to this adoption. -to keep things moving in a positive direction. It makes the wait seem.... doable. Lately the wait has made this adoption seem like it really isn't happening. I am hoping to go to Pottery Barn Kids tomorrow and check out the quilt I would LOVE to get for Madeline's bed. I am sure the boys will not be the least bit interested in making the trip.. but I am at least going to try.

We went to our Chinese Play Group tonight. What a refreshing experience. One family received their referral yesterday. There new daughter, Micah, is precious!! She has the cutest little chubby cheeks. Of course, she looks like a little Buddha, all dressed up in a million layers of clothing. What an exciting time!!



Happy Chinese New Year!

Happy Year of the Dog!

May you have a year filled with peace, love and prosperity!

2 comments:

M3 said...

Happy New Year to you too!

How exciting that you were referred a boy the first time around! Did you ask for either a boy or girl or did you specifically ask for a boy? (Can you tell I'm fascinated by these stories as we get closer and closer to finding out what it will be for us?) *grin*

Dawn said...

Hi Mary - just popping in to say "hi". :)

How are you doing on the nursey?

This wait is really something huh?...but I keep telling myself that each day we're one day closer to our girls.