Tuesday, May 23, 2006

World Record!

I am thinking that we may make a world record in regards to our wait for Madeline. At DTC, which was 7/22/05, we were told to expect a 6 month wait. When our LID wasn't until 8/24/05 I thought we may have set a record for the longest wait to LID. We are now about 9 months out from LID with no sign of referral in sight.

Here are my guesses:
1. August referral - 12 month wait This is probably not very realistic, but it sure would be nice. We would travel in mid October. October travel could be tricky with holidays and trade fairs!

2. September referral - 13 month wait This could happen, but who knows. We would probably travel sometime in November. Hmmm... wonder if winter weather will be full force by then???

3. October referral - 14 month wait I am guessing this is probably semi-realistic. I can't imagine how we would pull of the whole Santa Claus thing while in China since we are planning on taking the boys with us.

4. I can't even begin to imagine anything beyond this time frame. It seriously upsets my stomach!


I would love to hear what others "really" think... not what any agency is saying... just your gut feelings.

I am doing everything in my power to not get depressed. I have only completed a few small things in the nursery. I am thinking of moving forward with it in order to keep some positive chi in our lives.

No comments: