Thursday, August 31, 2006

How to Combat the Waiting Woes

Well, after realizing there was absolutely nothing I can do to speed up this wait, I have come up with a plan to combat the waiting woes.

First, I have been working on some retail therapy. Miss Madeline now has about 15-18 outfits waiting in her closet. They are all 12, 18 and 24 months. Now, I know that may not seem like a lot, but it is a huge improvement. She also has 9 pairs of socks! The thought of her cold little toes is not a pleasant one for me. Our referral pictures of Riley had him with bare feet. That drove me nuts from referral to the day he was placed in my arms. I worried about him being cold constantly. (Okay, yes, I know he was in Southern China... but something about those little toes just drove me nuts.

Next, I have forced Jerry to pick out a boy name, just in case. Don't get me wrong, I can't even begin to think that we would have another surprise referral. I just never want to be caught in the situation of not have a boy name. It was horrible when we received our referral. Here was the amazing little boy... with cold, naked feet... who did not have a name picked out for him from a family that loved him. Nope, that will not happen again.

Also, I have found a larger diaper bag I really like. I have the small.. Man Bag already... (yup, manly enough for burly DH to carry) but wanted..(told DH I NEEDED) a larger one, too. It is really cute and...... drum roll please, it is on sale! So, tomorrow I will drag the boys to the store and buy that diaper bag! Woohoo!

Finally, I have just decided I am not putting life on hold anymore. I am preparing for baby, playing with my boys, working hard and just going to keep on truckin' (Does that saying date me, or what??)

I am such a lucky lady... even though I am frustrated with the wait.

I want my baby....NOW.. but understand that there is a lot I can do for now to get ready.

1 comment:

Mommy Spice said...

You know, we are just at the beginning stages of our second adoption. I know some people from start to finish, will have waited 3 years. It took 2 years for us to get Spicy Girl. I can't imagine waiting longer than that. Although I'm so excited about starting again, I'm a little discouraged. I guess if I just prepare for a really long wait, maybe it won't be so bad.... yea right.