Thursday, October 12, 2006

A Day of Rest??

No work tomorrow! No work tomorrow! Half day on Monday! Half day on Monday!! You should see my dance that goes along with my excited cheers and chant!

Schools in my district are closed tomorrow. Yipee!! I get a day with my boys! It is so nice to work where they go to school. I feel lucky each and every day. Tomorrow is one of those fun days where teachers are off too. Now, I would have loved to have planned an exciting day out and about... but we have people coming to do warranty work on our kitchen counter. Whopee. (Yes, that was sarcasm.) At least we won't have to be up and moving first thing in the morning. I am really hoping the workers get here early so we can at least try to plan something fun for the afternoon. (Do you think the boys would enjoy shopping for their sister?) Well, at least we will be spending the day together. That is the best.

The boys don't have school on Monday. I only have to work a few hours in the morning. So, we will be able to have some extra time together then. It is nice knowing we will have this time together before all of the craziness starts.

My father went to the Dr. today. It seems they plan is to start radiation and then hormone treatment. At least there is a plan in place now. He will go for a CT Scan to check for kidney stones on Tuesday. He has a history of terrible stones and has had symptoms lately. When it rains in pours, I guess.

Well, just a few more weeks and we should know whether we are included in this month's referral batch. It would just be so special. We really feel confident that if we aren't in this batch then we will be in the next. It is nice to see the light at the end of tunnel.

Well, I could write for hours... but need to get the boys ready for bed.


Somedays we know
Sometimes we think
Somewhere we dream
Mystery revealed
Hope realized
Destiny complete
Family at last.

M

No comments: