Monday, October 09, 2006

While We Wait

"Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west."
Isaiah 43:5


Well, I have to tell you.... with all of the things going on right now... I have been working very hard at finding perspective. It is very easy to be sad, angry, scared, frustrated. I am worried about my dad. I am worried about my mother. She is trying so hard to be strong for my dad. I am overwhelmed by the wait and the unknown.

I visited my parents tonight with the boys. Riley ran and laughed, playing with Grampy. My dad laughed and played... you could visibly see the stress in his life take a backseat to the playtime with his grandson. Interesting.

My mother sat watching the play... smiling. This was the first smile I have seen from her in a week. She was happy watching her husband and grandson play together....

With all of the unknowns right now it is amazing the power a child has on the heart.

Madeline is somewhere waiting for us. She is unaware of the ache in my heart. -the ache that only she can fill. But... this is what I do know... she is truly a precious gift. She is safe until we get to her. She is not longing for us the way we are longing for her. Thankfully, ignorance of what is to come is bliss. The adjustment to her new family will be difficult... possibly even painful. She will have an ache in her heart for the comfort of the known of her life before us.

All will be well... whether by bringing Madeline home or fighting the fight of cancer... somehow things will work out as they should. The aches of our hearts will ease. The pain and longing for the future whether it be information or for a baby will go away and be filled with peace.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11


Perspective

big yet little
strong yet weak
patient yet ready
waiting and wondering
worry and woes
time reveals all

M


1 comment:

B-squared said...

Hi Mary,
Nice verse from Jeremiah...I'll have to memorize that one. And I liked the poem too - did you write it? Keeping you and your family in our prayers. The waiting and the unknown are really tough, just keep leaning on friends and family as much as you need to!
Take care,
Bryn
p.s. great slide show! and I'm glad you found the Friends song on Chinesepod!