Friday, December 21, 2007

Thank Heaven for Little Girls

I have to tell you how much fun I am having with Madeline. It is SOOOOO nice to have some more Estrogen in our family this year. It is great! She has certainly completed our family in ways we could have never imagined. Jerry and I will sit and watch her in awe. The boys don't hesitate to kiss her or give her a gentle rub on the head as they go by. The three miracles have bonded as siblings. They know who they are as a unit. They know who they are as our children. They have a calmness (when they aren't trying to kill each other...) about their interactions that is intoxicating.


Things I am loving:
1. Tights on cold days!! There is nothing cuter than chunky baby thighs in tights on a cold day.
2. Dresses and skirts. Okay, having little cute dresses and skirts to dress Madeline in is so much fun! Cuteness overload!!
3. SHOES! (Need I say more???)
4. Cute little hair thingys. Now, personally, for my hair, if it isn't a scrunchy or a head band I don't know what to do. For some reason I have figured out how to do so much more with Madeline's hair. I have clip things, pony tail holders, barrettes, and more. I actually have a hair stuff container just for Miss M.!
5. No penis... enough said.
6. Long hair...mmmm it is so wonderful.. long, shiny, raven hair ... beautiful!!
7. Girl time We have not had the chance to have much of that yet... but I can't wait.


Having Madeline in our lives has been such a gift. A year ago today we were bumming around Beijing waiting for a chance to fly to Nanchang to meet our girl. I am guessing that is why I am so reminiscent today. I am thinking about how our travels took us to the other side of the world to bring home MY daughter. She is everything and more... She is smart, beautiful, quirky, funny, energetic, daring, loving and more.

I love you Miss M.!!

1 comment:

B-squared said...

Amen. They are pretty awesome, eh? We've been doing a bit of that trip down memory lane, too. The "wait" really did melt away and when I think about adopting K, I pretty much just remember referral day onward.
But I want to know, how do you get M to keep the hair thingies IN her hair? Any tips??
Merry Christmas!