Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone!

We arrived home from Mexico yesterday just in time to ring in the New Year at home. We had a great time in Mexico, surrounded by family. It was so fun. We loved bumming around Cozumel with cousins galore. It was fantastic to see all of the kids interacting, playing and just enjoying each other's attention. We really need to get the kids together more often.

I have to tell you how nice it was to spend time with my sisters. Since we are scattered all over the place this time is rare and precious. Sharon got engaged on the cruise. It was so surprising and exciting. I am so glad she has found such a great man in Dave. They just seem so... comfortable with each other. She was so sure she would never find love again and here she is. I am just so happy for them both. Spending time with Maureen since even phone contact can be limited was nice. I am going to miss her when she gets back on the plane for Australia. She does seem like she is in a very good place with Nick and work. She loves living in Australia.

We rung in the new year at home. Our neighborhood has a big block party with DJ and food. Every family makes a small donation to the cause and no one has to drive. The boys ran and played with friends. I sat outside with my friend and neighbor Cathy and chatted. Jerry and Allan were typical boys with fireworks. Madeline was sound asleep in her bed.

I have to tell you... 2007 was a good year. Everything was just rather... calm. Our children were all home. Our family was healthy and happy. We found a great group of neighbors to spend time with. It was good.

I am not one to make resolutions. I think that I am more of the kind of person to have hopes for the new year.

Here are some of them.

1. I hope my family remains healthy and happy.
2. I hope James makes the transition to his new class next week and to middle school in the fall with ease.
3. I hope Riley continues to improve in his articulation.
4. I hope Madeline continues to thrive in her school.
5. I hope my parents remain healthy.
6. I hope I overcome the health obstacles in my path right now.

I don't think any of these are unreasonable.

May everyone who reads this have a very happy and prosperous 2008.

1 comment:

Jennilu said...

Right back at ya babe! I am glad you had a good time on the cruise and made it back safely. So, how many Chicklets did you buy? I will make a resolution to do a better job of staying in touch, even if it is through messaging and e-mail.

Love ya,
Jen