Thursday, January 17, 2008

Hey.... Miss Me?

Okay, so my ability to update, write and post pictures has been seriously lax lately. I know, I know... I tell myself almost daily to get my rear in gear, but life is CRAZY!!

Riley turned six last Friday. He was beyond excited. His new bike was assembled and waiting for him when he woke up. (I wish Jerry could have seen his face!) Riley got dressed, ate breakfast and finished all of his morning activities quickly. Before heading to school he took his bike for an inaugural spin. Talk about being over the moon! I think he wandered around in a state of disbelief the majority of the day. He enjoyed handing out cookies to his class. His dinner request was Chilli's. That boy LOVES queso!! It was even more special having Nana and Grampy join us. After dinner we headed home for cake and presents. It was overall a great day.

On a side note... his favorite gift after the bike was his Wizard of Oz video. He will sit for hours watching it with his blankie. He needs the blankie to protect him from the witch. He is always awe-struck when the movie goes from black and white to color. He wonders where Dorothy's school friends are at the beginning. He thinks the little people are great singers. We aren't really sure what he thinks of the flying monkeys besides he doesn't like the way they treat Toto. What a funny, little guy.

James now has braces on his top teeth. He still has some work to be done on the bottom teeth before those brackets go on. He has been such a trooper. Truly, since his spacers and then braces James has only complained maybe twice. He is very glad his teeth are being straightened. I think he was more self concious than we realized. James also moved back into Gifted two weeks ago. His teacher said he has just fallen in as if he has been there all year. Jerry and I are so proud of him. He just is such a solid kid.

Madeline is Madeline... she is healthy, opinionated, strong willed and VERY verbal. She went from one word utterances to three and four word sentences in weeks. The other day I told her she was going to be doing something. Her response... "I don't want to." My jaw hit the floor. How at 26 months old and learning her second language have we progressed to this point so quickly. She has very definite opinions about what she is going to wear every day. She does not hesitate to disrobe and redress into what she wanted to wear even though her mother didn't dress her in it. She will remind others to brush her teeth and hair. She is a hoot.

Jerry and I are doing well.. reveling in our family and good fortune.

Life is good.

2 comments:

BobnMissy said...

Tell Riley that flying monkeys are his friends... mine are anyway! Glad everybody is doing good!

Jennilu said...

Good to see you are back in Blog world. I missed you!

I can relate to what you were saying about Madeline. Every since Kaylea discovered she had a voice, she hasn't shut up. My mother in law says it's my fault because when Kaylea was little I would always tell her to use her words. Apparently she decided to obey :)