Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

I hope this day is full of joy and remembrance. We have had a wonderful family day.

The kids loved looking for eggs. They have spent countless hours going through baskets and trinkets galore. We have just really enjoyed family time.

Last night I made my mother's famous Easter omelette. We invited my parents over to enjoy it too. We had such a nice dinner. We talked and laughed and enjoyed family time. Our neighborhood hunt had to be cancelled due to rain. It was really for the best for us. We had more time to spend just being together. The kids colored eggs. James oversaw the entire spectacle. Riley used the cool wax crayon to write on the eggs. Madeline sat in awe trying to figure out how the eggs changed colors. It was so cute.

After dinner and egg coloring we sat as a family and enjoyed the movie Hairspray. I loved it! It really is my kind of flick. Madeline danced the night away. She really is more of a mash pit dancer than a graceful ballerina. She throws herself around with such verocity! What a fun night!

This morning we enjoyed time, just the five of us. It was nice. After all of the hunting and candy eating we watched the Bee Movie. Actually, I didn't watch it. I took advantage of the quiet and fell back to sleep for a hour. We ate a very light and early lunch and then watched Enchanted. Again, I loved it! It was so fun. We had to laugh when we realized James Marsden was in both Hairspray and Enchanted. He was great in both. We had such a nice time just snuggling together on the couch.

This afternoon we went to a huge Easter meal with my parents at their clubhouse. YIKES!! It was quite an extravaganza! Food and fun galore! After eating more than we should we headed back to Nana and Grampy's for a little basketball action. My parents are addicted to college basketball.

Now, we are home digesting the day. It really was just a nice day. No worries. No stress. No drama. Just family.... nothing better

No comments: