Thursday, March 27, 2008

Lottery Anyone?

I have read all of the stories about lottery winners falling from grace. I even watched bits and pieces of the True Hollywood Story... but I really wish I could win the lottery. I would be a fantastic stay-at-home mom. Heck, I would be a great homeschool mom. The only drawback of the homeschooling would be that I may not always be as patient as I would like to be when my lovely kiddos are pushing my buttons.

I think the time I am with my kids is glorious. I LOVE every minute. I enjoy listening to them talk to each other... and sometimes to themselves. I find joy in watching them read and write. I think they are just hilarious. All of my time spent at work is somehow shadowed by the fact that I can't wait to get home.

I think my truest calling in life is to be a mother... well, and wife. It is where I find my greatest peace and biggest rewards. My happiest moments are spent surrounded by my children, singing songs, discussing issues, addressing the life altering events of their days. It is so special having three children at such different points in their lives.

With James we are talking puberty, middle school, friends, sports. He has such diverse interests. He constantly has no less than two books he is reading at any given time. Being 11 is just so interesting.

Riley is 6 and in full kindergarten mode. He LOVES books. He is so active. He rides his bike, climbs and swings.. runs and rolls in the grass. He does, though, have a very tough outer shell to crack. He does not trust easily. You must earn this. It takes time but is so worth it. He is super quirky. He has an insight that can be startling at times. He remembers and cares.

Madeline is all fire. She is animated and dramatic. She will sing from sun up to sun down. She likes to be girly and tough all at once. Madeline has strong opinions. It is strange, at times, to see this in someone so young. When you meet Madeline, you just know she is going to be a strong woman one day.

I love how unique each of my children are. None resemble the other... yet there is this underlying love they each show for others. It is so nice. There is something about them that just resonates that they will be good people in life. They care.. they care big time.

I love being a mom.

No comments: