Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Finding My Way

You know, sometimes when we feel like we know exactly where we are headed we end up someplace entirely different. Lately that is how I have been feeling. Maybe I am just coming down from the tumultous April. Maybe I am just gearing up to finish out the school year. Maybe I am just ready to be home with my babies. I am not sure exactly what it is.. but life has just been rather unexpected.

April was a very difficult month. It started off with Riley having surgery. Two weeks later two of my uncles died within 24 hours of each other. A week later my father had surgery. With all of the work I missed I went into an unpaid status. This was not expected... at all. Life just happened.

Riley has been working hard in school. He is learning to read. His Math skills are plugging right along. He is starting to write meaningful sentences. Tonight it took him 3 hours to complete 10 simple Math problems. He would do everything BUT his homework. I tried to have him leave it so we could go back to it later with a fresh attitude. NOPE. He was not having that. I tried to take things away from him to "motivate" him to work. NOPE. He even went so far as to ERASE the answers he had. I have no clue what was going on. I was in no mood for these games. This was not expected. It was also a big pain in the booty!

Madeline has decided to no longer let us know when she goes number 2 in her pull up. She has decided to take off the offensive pull up and HIDE it! We have to find it by the scent. This was not expected.

Oh yeah... I think I am entering menopause early. That may sound like a good thing but MAN the symptoms I have stink! (I won't bore you with the yucky details.) So... off to another girly doctor visit this year. This was not expected.

I have been filling my calendar with Summer appointments. I have been trying to come up with activities to keep us all busy and therefore not ready to throttle each other. We have zoo tickets, museum tickets, football camp and swimming. Things are actually coming together with ease. This was not expected.

I know life is full of unexpected twists and turns. Usually that is what I embrace. Lately.. I am hoping for a more tortoise approach to life... slow and steady. Maybe I am getting old. Maybe I am tired. Maybe I just want to enjoy where life is right now... I think that is it. Life is quick. I really want to just take a stroll, smell the roses and enjoy the minute. That is going to be my goal for the Summer. Enjoy every minute whether it is expected or unexpected.

1 comment:

Jennilu said...

Hang in there and keep an upbeat attitude. Everything will work out just the way it is suppose to. Remember, everything happens for a reason and leads us down the path that God had in His plan for us. If you need someone to talk to, you know my number. I luvs ya!