Sunday, May 25, 2008

Ummm.... ewwwww... gross

Okay... just for the record... I HATE POTTY TRAINING! Whew, I feel better already.

For the life of me I can not understand how children can be completely potty trained for pee and struggle miserably with poop.

Yes, this is one of THOSE posts. If you aren't up for the gross, stinky truth... click away now.


My lovely daughter is truly fully potty trained for pee. She is the supreme potty pee'er in our house! She has not had wet panties in a LONG, LONG time. We are so proud of her. She struggles with the gross counter part. We do not push. We are patient. We even allow her to put on a Pull Up if the experience becomes stressful.

Last week Miss M needed to go number 2. We asked her if we could put her on the potty. The answer was a resounding NO. She told us she was going to put on a Pull Up.

Insert side comment here: (heh) Okay, yes I realize this is our third child and she is two years old... but we trusted her... we believed her that she was going to put on a Pull Up. (heavy sigh)

Madeline retired to her room and closed the door. About 5 minutes later we heard screaming... I mean... screaming like someone was in her room with her pulling her toenails out one by one screaming. Jerry and I ran to her room.

hmmm... the door was locked. I use the little pokey thing we keep up over every door on the outside in case of accidental locking in... open the door to find....

Okay... if you are squeamish... this is your last warning.


Madeline was standing right inside the door, naked from the waist down with one foot in the air..... both feet were COVERED in poop. There was poop all over the room. There was poop by her bed, under her shoes (we are thinking she put the shoes over the poop to hide it) There were little poopy footsteps all over the room and up the changing table. She had poop totally impacted between her toes. The Pull Up Madeline was going to put on was sitting on the floor clean as clean can be.

I carried her to the bathroom. Jerry held her over the toilet as I lovingly gave her feet swirlys in the toilet trying to break loose some of the offending matter stuck to her feet, up her back, all over her clothes... and.... in her HAIR! I don't know how no one threw up during all of this. Seriously, I think we could have called in a HazMat team!! It was disgusting.

Once the cleaning process on Madeline was underway Jerry headed into the disaster zone to start the clean up. It took me over 20 minutes to get Madeline clean enough to put her in the shower. When I finally did get her in I realized that I now had poop on my shirt, arm and other various places.

I am telling you... this was the grossest thing we have encountered thus far.

We think Madeline was going to put on the pull up and had an accident.... once the floodgates opened she couldn't stop it and proceeded to wander around the room pooping. The changing table mess was one of her attempts at clean up. There were many wipes scattered around the area.

I truly wanted to force her back into diapers!

Today, she pooped on the toilet. She just dropped her drawers, climbed on up and did her business like a trooper. When she was done she promptly told me... "Madeline no poop on feet."

That's my girl!!

2 comments:

Jennilu said...

Here's a suggestion. When we were potty training Kaylea, we kept two jars of candy on the kitchen counter. One was Skittles the other was rolls of Smarties. The Skittles were Kaylea's pee-pee candies and the Smarties were her poo-poo candies. Everytime she went pee-pee she could get a Skittle out of the jar. Everytime she went poo-poo she could get a roll of Smarties. This worked pretty good; I even carried them in her diaper bag for bathroom trips while away from home. Maybe you could try a poo-poo treat for Madeline for when she uses the potty.

Mary said...

Thanks Jenni! M&M's worked with James... NOTHING worked with Riley except time. It will be interesting to see what works, if anything for Madeline. Since the big mess she went on the potty one time. This morning she said "no poop on Madeline's floor" We shall see!!