Thursday, October 13, 2005

Are we there yet?

I was sitting here thinking about all of the big things going on now and those right down the road from now. When it comes to going to China and getting Madeline, all I can think of is.... Are we there yet? I remember being a kid and going on a road trip. I would ask my parents a million times how much longer it would be. I know it drove them nuts. This process makes me feel like that impatient child again. I have to tell you, I LOVE the process... but hate having to be patient. I think about my baby constantly. I can't wait to hold her in my arms. My daydreaming time has been cut down tremendously as of late.

Our dear beagle, Duke, died yesterday. It was so difficult having to tell the boys. Poor Jerry had to take him to the vet. How heart wrenching. Our family had a very sad day yesterday. Today, a feeling of sadness still hangs in the air, but we realize that Duke is in a much better place.

SO.... now we wait for Madeline...


Are we there yet?

No comments: