Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Wait and Emotions Run High

During this extended wait I am sad to see so many emotions running high. Now, don't get me wrong. I am frustrated, depressed, OVER the unknown and more... What I don't understand is all the "flaming". It seems that everyone is ready to jump all over everyone else. (Of course, everyone is a relative term.) I think it is okay for people to voice that they are over the wait without someone feeling the need to be Mary Sunshine on their pity party. Sometimes the entire pity party is just voicing your frustrations.


Okay... YES I know everything will happen when it is supposed to happen. That, for me, does not make today's wait easier. Also, and I am just spewing my own opinion here, I don't think we should ever cram faith down someone else's throat. Someone can have faith and lead by example. From what I have learned over my 40 years on this planet... lectures don't change beliefs. As an adult, if someone attempts to lecture me on morals and right from wrong, I am most likely going to ignore them. That being said, if someone leads by example then I am more prone to self-reflection.

I think it is okay for someone to state that they turn to God for support. I also think it is okay for someone else to say they turn to others for support. I think it is NOT okay for us to turn against each other and be judgemental.

Sometimes I think what keeps me as an example setter instead of a prothlisizer (sp) is that beliefs are personal. We are not each others parents. We are just strangers, yes strangers, going through a common experience and turning to the only other people we know of who are going through this at the same time.

Each of us has a different home experience. Each of us has a different faith base. Each of us has a different family experience, history and life. Each of us has the right to our own opinions without someone pushing their personal agenda. Agenda is a strong term... but the push seems to be stronger. I want to have people to comiserate with without the fear of the agenda push. My faith is MINE. My values are MINE. My reasons for adopting are MINE. My wait experience is MINE.

Selfish... you betcha!


No comments: