Thursday, June 08, 2006

An Open Letter to My Secret Pal

Dear Secret Pal,

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for all of your generosity. I am working on getting my digital camera up and running so I can post some pictures of your very thoughtful gifts. Whenever your packages arrive the boys and I rush around like lunatics. We take turns opening the box and digging out the goodies. This is really a family event! They are very excited about having a little sister. Your gifts is making this so much more real to them.

I also wanted to tell you what a great laugh I got out of your note. When you mentioned that you had looked for a tiara for me, I almost fell out of my chair! I write and add things to this blog is such a random manner. I honestly never in a million years thought anyone was reading my rambling. You made my day. The post I wrote about being the princess of my family is, literally, a regular discussion around here. Yes, I mention it it jest, but GEESH!!! I do think being the only girl in the house should count for something!

That being said, I am far from a girly girl. I am hair challenged... could not use a curling iron to save my life. I don't know exactly how many years ago it was I last put anything besides a scrunchie or pony tail holder in my hair. I do own a blow dryer, though it is rarely used. A good friend of mine... a true girly girl, has been trying to teach my how to braid. Okay... I am a relatively intelligent woman, but MAN, that is TOUGH!!

I have hung the outfits you have sent for Madeline in her closet. The bathing suit and pajamas have been lovingly placed in her dresser.. the only items actually IN the dresser. I have a cute little basket on top of her dresser for her hair... thingys... (Is that the correct word for them??) I cherish each and every item you have sent.

I am a very outgoing person but since we recently moved I have found that my friends are my husband and children right now. Knowing there is someone out there thinking of me and following along with my inane posts makes me feel just a little bit better.

You are the BEST!

M

No comments: