Monday, July 03, 2006

Impatient isn't a strong enough word

I had been doing so well. I had been feeling like things were really starting to move. The referrals last week were so exciting! I love watching families form. It is just such a special and happy time. Coming down from that excitement I dealt with a few personal moments of frustration with all of the discussions about boys. Now, we are back to the unknown wait.

I am so ready for some predicatability during this wait. We have been logged in over 10 months. Okay... that I can accept. Heck, I have no choice but to accept it. The part that bothers me is just not knowing what China will do next. I can not, for the life of me, understand the magnitude of the job CCAA has. It is daunting. I just wish we had some solid information regarding this continued wait.

  • Will the wait continue to lengthen?
  • Is there any idea of how many days of LID's CCAA is hoping to match each month?
  • Will repaired or minor SN children be referred to families who requested NSN?
  • Will we be referreda daughter or a surprise son again? (Okay, that one is personal.)
  • What are the reasons, clear and concise, for the extended wait?
  • Have domestic adoptions really increased to the point that it is causing this extended wait?
I know everyone waiting is going through this. Maybe a larger part of my frustration comes from knowing that it took over a month from DTC to LID. We could have been logged in, in July, if the LID process had not taken so long. Now, we are still so far off even though we are relatively close, date wise. There are 56 calendar days from June 29th to August 24th. In the past that would mean we would come second. Now... we could , who knows!!

Okay... I have decided.... if I see a tiara... I am getting myself one! I have waited long enough.

Retail theraphy for me as well as for baby is a GOOD thing!!


1 comment:

Julie said...

Mary, I can feel your pain. It's the unknown that's getting to me. This is always the worst week of the month for me--the silence is deafening!!!

As for the tiara, you need to check out Angel's BLOG she got a beauty to wear at her shower!!!
http://emmasfamily.blogspot.com/