Sunday, August 20, 2006

Rumors and Waiting

Well, I am hoping we hear some great rumors starting tomorrow. When I read someone from our agency was told that the rest of July is expected and we could possibly see our daughter in September I almost fell out of my chair. I can't even begin to acknowledge that September may be our month. I have October in my brain as the most likely scenario... but September.... whew... that would be nice.

Jerry thinks if we receive our referral in September it will come on my... ummm... 40th birthday. He thinks that would be the perfect birthday gift. I, of course, agree wholeheartedly. If October is our month we would be very happy... but it is also the one year anniversary of losing Jerry's mother. I think if we received our referral on this date it may bring some happiness to the date that his mother would have loved. She was so supportive of our quest to have a family. She stood by us through fertility treatments, tubal pregnancy, miscarriages and adoption.

She LOVED her grandchildren with every fiber of her being. She was so excited about us adopting again. The anniversary of her death would give this whole thing a very different twist.

So.. September would be amazing.... and October would be great.

The rumors, the waiting will all be so worth it.

By the way... I have started shopping. Madeline now has about 10 outfits. I ordered a Lands End diaper bag today with her name monogrammed on it. It is the small one, so it will work great for Jerry and short trips. We had one for Riley and LOVED it. (I still have my eye on a nice larger diaper bag, but will wait until referral.)

So.. my baby predictions... though I was completely off when I did this for Riley...

  1. Girl
  2. NanNing, Guangxi... just like big brother Riley
  3. 10 months old at referral
  4. The most beautiful baby girl ever!!!!

No comments: