Sunday, August 27, 2006

Thinking

Okay... I have been thinking. Anyone who knows me well knows that thinking can be a dangerous thing. I have actually started to make a few lists. I am the Queen of All Lists. I have lists for my lists. These are the topics of my newest batch of obsessive lists.

  1. Christmas - Yes, I have begun Christmas lists for the boys. I am scared to death that I will be attempting to pack for China and complete Christmas shopping at the same time. I actually called my mother to ask if I could use her closets again this year.
  2. Travel Supplies - Okay, yes I already have about 5 lists for travel, but this new one is by person. It reflects if the boys go with us, another version if just Jerry and I travel and finally an emergency list in case I travel alone or with my mother. The last possibility hasn't even been discussed, but I just had to prepare.
  3. Baby Needs for home - We do have a baby registry, but I wanted a comprehensive and ever evolving list of items we need to have in order to bring baby home
  4. Baby Needs for Travel - The baby's list of travel needs is completely different from our lists above because I have to have a few versions of this list based on age projections. (Can you believe I am admitting that????)
  5. Hurricane Supplies - Now, in the midst of all of the adoption unknowns, we have lovely Hurricane Ernesto heading our way. Now, I have to prepare for the possibility of a storm later in the week. FUN!!
  6. Clothing for baby - I made a list of what we have for baby... not much, and what we still need... ALOT! I don't think 2 pairs of socks will be enough. We have 2 pairs of pajamas. Heck, we could use both of those in one night with a diaper mishap! Poor baby has absolutely no hats, sweaters, jackets... it looks like she will be coming home in the Winter... and no winter clothes to be found. YIKES!
  7. Questions to ask at work for leave - Yes, I have a list of questions to ask my principal. Being in a new district, school, etc... I have no clue how my leave will be handled. I am lost. So, my poor, sweet, principal will have to endure a list.
  8. Honey Do List - Poor Jerry has a special list all his own of things to do before travel... painting, moving furniture, hanging things on walls... the poor guy may never sleep again!
So... now you know why I don't sleep well. I am in a constant state of making lists. My list notebook is going to run out of paper soon. I am really thinking that there has to be a list I have forgotten.

If my baby doesn't get here soon... I may get lost in the plethora of lists surrounding my body. Is there a list makers anon group? Hi, My name is Mary. I am addicted to making lists. Admitting I have a problem should be the first step in my recovery... but I have this terrible desire to now make a list about my list problems. HELP!!

P.S. Do you think that having two notebooks for lists is a bad thing? ;-)

1 comment:

B-squared said...

Hi...My name is Bryn....and I'm addicted to lists too. And no, 2 notebooks is not a bad thing. (Am I saying that to make you feel better?..or me?!) Hey - if this wait won't get any shorter, we have no other choice but to list, list, list!
Have a good week!