Thursday, November 30, 2006

So sad, frustrated, angry....

Well... TA's arrived at our agency today. Actually... all but eleven families received their TA's. For some unknown reason, Director Liu decided to not sign the last eleven TA's for our agency. We did not receive our TA. The rest of our travel group is leaving in two weeks. We have no idea when we will leave. We have no idea how long it will take to get our TA. We may have to wait... well, who knows how long. Our agency is saying the director is on vacation. Well... I am having a very hard time believing that. It seems the director takes a vacation every time there is a problem.

We were DTC on 7/22/05... it took until 8/24/05 to get logged in... the explanation was a vacation. Referrals were delayed... another vacation. Oh.. and now.. no TA.. what a surprise... another vacation! It just seems fishy to me. (Don't even get me started on the over 14 month wait from LID to referral.)

Now, I know I am venting. I know I am angry. Believe it or not.. I feel HURT. My daughter could have been in my arms for Christmas... but now... nope. Who knows.... maybe sometime in January. Heck.. the way this guy takes vacations it could be May.

I am beyond upset. I am beyond frustrated. Disappointed is just not strong enough of a word. I am thinking of just stepping away from our LID group with our agency online since I just can't bear to hear all about the preparations and plans... excitement. I just don't know if I have it in me to be that strong right now. I know I should be happy for them... but I am just not to that point yet.

Another lovely kicker to all of this is... our current I-171H would have been good for our trip if our TA came today. Now, nope... we have already been waiting over three weeks for our new one. We did receive a lovely form letter saying the current processing time could take up to.... 150 DAYS!!!!!! One hundred fifty days. How can that be?? How can anyone in their right mind think that is an appropriate response letter? I am not usually one to bash our government offices.. but COME ON! 150 DAYS?!?!?!?!?

I don't think sleeping is going to come easy for me tonight. I just want to stop this crazy, crazy ride. It just feels so unfair. My daughter has already spent almost a year in an orphanage.... and now her time is lengthened because one person could not sign eleven more forms. I know we are dealing with a government agency in a foreign country... but what about the people in all of this. What about the children who could be in warm, clean beds.... clean clothing, nourished and surrounded by family who love them? Don't they deserve better than this?

My daughter deserves better than this. She is important and worthy of having her family bring her home in a timely manner. THAT is not too much to ask.

8 comments:

Mommy Spice said...

I am so sorry. I can't even imagine what you must be going through right now. A vacation?.... Give me a break. We will keep your daughter and your family in our prayers, that you will soon be together.

Donna said...

Sorry isn't even a good enough word either. I can't imagine how horrible this must be for you and the other 11 families. Truly heartbreaking.

I hope your agency can do something to remedy it. Can't someone else sign the freakin' TA's?

Donna

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, Mary. I wish there was something more I could do to help. I'll sure miss you if you decide to stay away from our LID group for awhile, but I understand.
Sending prayers to you and your family,
Bryn

Anonymous said...

Mary, I am so sorry. That is just awful. I hope that your TA arrives soon. You're right, your daughter does deserve better.

Anonymous said...

I am so very sad for you today. It seems as though our whole adoption has gone like that. We are LID 3/22 and looking at a 21 month wait with current wait times. We have no control over the Chinese government, but I'd like to think we have some control with ours. Please take a shot and call your congress person. I called mine last year to take care of a problem with my passport and it was taken care of in less than a week. That however was a mistake on their part, but something has to give on these I-171H renewals. It should be a simple process...I think we are being taken advantage of!

Lynn -

Karyn said...

Mary,

I am heartbroken. We will keep you all in our thoughts and hope that something will sway someone to sign your papers immediately.

From what I understand we can e-mail the local USCIS adoption processing offices, they may be able to rush your 171 due to the immeninent adoption. When I called the 800 number the young man who answered the phone was able to give me the e-mail address for my office. Hopefully you will be able to do the same and communicate the urgency of getting your document updated quickly.

Many, many hugs coming your way.

Karyn

SARA said...

I am so sorry. This is just horrible. Hope you can travel soon.

Amanda and Jason said...

I am so sorry. I know you must be disappointed. Our state's USCIS office is unbelievably uncooperative, but we sent them a letter explaining our upcoming travel along with our renewal application, and our I-171H arrived one week later. (It was supposed to take 90 days.) You might try that. I hope everything moves quickly for you.