Monday, December 11, 2006

Mysterious Ways

It is true. The Lord does work in mysterious ways. Let me explain.....

I have always had a difficult time with patience. I know, patience is a virtue... good things come to those who wait.... yada yada yada. Patience is one of the challenges life has always been teaching me to deal with. I am a tad bit of a control freak, so sometimes when I am supposed to be letting go and letting God... I am well.... freaking.


So, this past weekend... I let go. I didn't worry or stress. I focused on the most important things in my life. I spent quality time with my husband. I played with my children. I visited my parents. I called my sisters. I helped a neighbor. I did all of the things that God wanted me to do so I could deal with the stress in my life. I truly let go.

Today.... our TA arrived. Yes, you read it! It was completely unexpected. I wasn't worrying about it. I wasn't tormented over it. I was just happily working with my students on the books they are writing and the phone rang. Hmmm... He was talking to me.

Our travel advisor called me first. I was the first person to know that TA's had arrived. This is what she told me... (paraphrased since I was obscenely happy at the time.) Mary, I called you first because during this rough time waiting for TA's, you called me and talked to me and explained your thoughts and feelings without being mad or judgemental with me. Hmmm... very interesting. She said, I knew I had to call you first... before anyone else. She said.. you told me you were upset, but you never passed judgement. Hmmm....

Now, I am a Catholic. I was raised a Catholic. I attended 12 years of Catholic school. I have had just about every sacrament a Catholic may have... outside of becoming a nun and dying. I am raising my children to be Catholics. Okay... I am also a big ole' sinner trying to do better.

I realized today that by trusting that God would make everything work out just as it should be.... by knowing that the Lord works in mysterious ways... and by letting go... God showed his love and faith in me.

If our agency gets CA's when they are requesting, we will leave for China on 12/21... yup, next Thursday.... and Gotcha day.... possibly Christmas. Could there be any better sign of His love??


Okay... time to go freak out again over all of the details... hahaha

M

2 comments:

Becky said...

PTL!! I got your blog from RQ but have seen you post on APC before. I have been checking daily and had already checked today but am so glad I decided to check one last time.....

Becky

Mommy Spice said...

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I am sooo excited for you. You know, God is awesome, and He's never too late. Your family will be in our prayers.