Sunday, February 11, 2007

Who Invited YOU???

This week has been filled with sniffles, coughs, loss of appetite, exhaustion, swollen joints and other unmentionable symptoms. Then, on Friday morning, Madeline woke up looking like the spotted butterfly. She was covered from head to toe in little red spots. I could tell they weren't chicken pox. She had no new foods introduced so an allergic reaction was probably out. Hmmm... next James awoke... with a high fever. More perplexing.

I sent Riley off to school alone for the first time. He thought he was so grown up walking to Miss Cheri on his own from the car. (Miss Cheri waits in the car circle every morning, though James usually walks with Riley.) I called the peditrician and off we went to see the doctor.

We had to come in through a back entrance due to the unexplainable rash... don't want to pass something on to others. After about 2 minutes with the doctor she announced that Madeline AND James had a lovely contagious virus. (Remember how I sent Riley to school? Not smart it seems.)

Today, everyone except Jerry has this lovely virus. We have fevers, coughs, sore throats, etc... Madeline is the only one lucky enough to get the rash. I am sure we passed this thing on to countless others. (I bet I am going to be a very popular person at the next PTA meeting! haha)

I am hoping we can get this under control. It looks as if we are currently just sending it between us all. It is going to be hard to get out from under this if we keep sending it around our family!

I have no clue how we caught the virus... it is called something like viroxanthum. (I am not a doctor and don't play one on t.v. so I could be wrong!) It is NASTY!

So.. who invited this thing into my house?? Three sick kids, a sick mom and one little one teething two molars at once (The doctor said they will bleed when the push through... nice.) I am afraid we have a long road ahead of us. No church today... no grocery store... and Jerry is working. Should be a fun day.

2 comments:

Mommy Spice said...

Well, we did go to church today, then wound up at the "Care Now" after hours doctor. Spicy Girl has a sinus infection and strep throat. We have had all the yucky sickness hit us, but poor little s.g. just keeps getting hit. In the past 3 weeks she's had a cold, Fifth Disease, sinus infection and strep.

Mommy Spice said...

Don't you love the neocounter? I couldn't believe how many viewers came upon my blog until I installed that. Fun, Fun, Fun.

Hope you guys are feeling better.