Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Last Night

After scouring and cleaning away germs until me fingers were raw.... I started looking for a place to rest my head.

Since Riley and Jerry had been sleeping in my bed all day there was NO way I was climbing in with them. Madeline was in her crib, so that place was taken. James was groggy on the couch. I strated helping him into bed... with one last stop to get sick along the way... handed him his pillow, blanket and trusty pot into his top bunk. So.. the bottom bunk, with the handy dandy rail became my place of slumber. Hmmm... recipe for a fun night...

At midnight Madeline awoke. Let's just say she was far from happy. She was exercising her excellent lung capacity to the best of her ability. I changed her diaper, rocked her and put her back to bed. I climbed back over the lovely bed rail, back into bed.

At 2am Riley arrives at HIS bed, to find his mother sleeping. I got him a drink of Gatorade and took him to the bathroom. I was able to coax him back into bed with his father.

At 2:45 am, I hear a noise in the kitchen. I climb back over that blasted bed rail to find Riley asleep on the kitchen floor. I put him back into my bed once again.

At 3am James is having a lovely dream and talking in his sleep. Throughout the night he also made various sounds that let me know that he could explode at any moment. Being that I was sleeping.. or at least trying to sleep beneath him, this was not very comforting.

At 3:30 am Madeline is awake again. I give her a warm bottle and am back over the bed rail by 3:50 am.

At 4:20 am the lovely, delicate Miss M is screaming AGAIN. This time there is a strange urgency to the yell. I go in and pick up the screaming banshee... oops.... I mean precious angel. SHE WAS NAKED FROM THE WAIST DOWN!! My lovely daughter had decided that being naked was a good idea until she had to go to the bathroom. Big fun.

I got the little darling cleaned up, back to bed and asleep... dreading the climb back over the bed rail.

So.... I was up at 7am to start the day. Jerry had been up at least twice during the night getting sick... but, thank goodness, I didn't hear a thing.

I think I got the best aerobic workout I have ever had last night. I believe I climbed over the bed rail a grand total of 11 times last night. Tonight... the back porch is looking good!!

1 comment:

B-squared said...

Oh boy. I hope you stay immune and the rest of the gang has a speedy recovery! Should I FedEx some chicken soup???