Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Summer's Here

The school year was over for students last Wednesday. My last day was Friday. Whew! I am so glad Summer Break is finally here. We have an extended Summer here this year. I have twelve weeks off! Yipee!!

The kids are all healthy again. That is a big relief. I am now under the weather. I spent a good part of the long weekend in bed with flu like symptoms. I am just now starting to feel like I am on the mend. Thank goodness!!

We head to Orlando for our Disney trip on Thursday. I can't wait!! On Thursday we will go to Mickey's Backyard BBQ for a character dinner. It should be fun. We will hit the Magic Kingdom on Friday. We usually go in the morning for a few hours, head back to the hotel for nap time and then end the day at the park after dinner. That is certainly one of the best parts of staying on property.

On Saturday we are going to a Character Breakfast. Riley is beside himself he is so excited. He said he is going to hug Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Chip and Dale. He can't wait to have his picture taken with his "friends". He is at just the perfect age to really get into the whole Disney experience.

On Sunday we will Park Hop between Epcot and MGM. We have to hit MGM since it is Star Wars weekend. James is a big Star Wars fan. He is very excited that our trip fell during this weekend. He is at that funny age where Disney is still exciting...but is really looking forward to the rollercoasters and such. He is just starting to become more of a dare devil. He has always been our reserved child.

We will head home on Monday. I am sure we will wish we could stay an extra day or two... but also be ready to sleep in our own beds. We will have one day remaining on our tickets so I imagine we will head back over for a day before the end of Summer.

The weather here has been really nice. We have been taking the golf cart up to the Clubhouse to play at the playground. That really is one nice perk of our neighborhood. At the pool they had a steel drum band on Sunday. I never thought we would ever live somewhere that had so much to offer families. I think we were, certainly, lead to this community. If we had bought our house even one month later than we did, we would not have been able to afford to live here. The timing was just perfect.

Well... I will try to post Disney pictures when we return... and hope that I feel healthy by the time we hop in the car on Thursday!



No comments: