Saturday, August 18, 2007

Back to Work

I just completed my first week back to work. It was actually okay. The kids spent the week with my parents. They were soooo good! Madeline was the supreme trooper. She didn't cry even once when I left for work each morning. I know having her brothers with her had to help. I am really hoping that she will do all right when she heads back to daycare on Monday. She is such a good girl. I only cried twice all week.

The boys had "Meet the Teacher" on Wednesday. James was all cool and collected. Heading to 5th grade is pretty awesome. He thinks he is so big! Riley was beyond excited about kindergarten. He was nervous, anxious, happy and just bouncy! He is just over the moon about heading to Kindergarten. He LOVED meeting his teacher. He already knew his teacher, so that wasn't new... but knowing that this was HIS kindergarten room was HUGE to him. It was adorable.

We are having a few adjustment problems with waking up so early and trying to get breakfast in before heading out the door. This year I have to be at work at 7:30 am. That is not easy. James is independent, so he is easy. Riley is NOT a morning person. He takes som time and attention. Madeline wakes up so happy, but just not ready to eat or anything. I am going to have to come up with breakfast ideas I can take int he car with us for the youngest two. We will find our way. It may just take a few weeks to find the right routine.

Now... on to a confession... I am sitting here typing and watching High School Musical 2. I am embracing my inner dork. I have a feeling these songs will end up on James' iPod very soon.

No comments: