Thursday, December 20, 2007

Riley is READY for Christmas

Let me tell you... this boy is about ready to burst at the seams. He is BEYOND excited. This is the first year where Riley really gets all of this Santa stuff. He has said so many priceless things that have just filled our hearts with laughter.

We can't get enough of him singing "Saucy the Snowman". I can just picture the big frozen guy sitting down tossing back a few. It absolutely cracks me up.

Riley will tell us daily that he is trying to be nice and not naughty. He runs into the house after school and tells us that he is still on the nice list since he had a good day. Cute, cute, cute.

Riley is in love with the Christmas lights. He turns them on outside every evening. If someone else does he is just devastated. He also has to be the one to turn on the Christmas tree lights. We have been trying to explain to him that others want to turn the lights on too. Sharing helps with the nice and naughty list too. Because of this James has been able to turn the lights on ... once.

Riley has just loved Christmas shopping. He giggles and smiles all the way through. He thinks it is the best to be able to pick out a gift and wrap it. (I think that is a lot of fun, too.)

Riley has already informed us that James is responsible for waking him up on Christmas morning. He said this is the job of a big brother. Personally, I never knew this job was on the big brother list. So, this information is pretty handy.

I am sure there are so many other things I could add to this post, but to see my son so full of excitement just is the best feeling in the world.

I love that crazy, little guy.

No comments: