Wednesday, December 19, 2007

My First Meme

I was tagged by my good friends' sister who I LOVE to read. Here is the game....

Rules:

Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
Share Christmas facts about yourself.
Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Here it is... read it and weep.

1. Wrapping or gift bags? Okay, now I am sure the folks that receive gifts from me would prefer a gift bag after witnessing the car wreck known as my wrapping skills.. but I believe that if the good Lord blessed me with this horrible wrapping abilty than it is my duty to share it.

2. Real or artificial tree? We bought an artificial tree last year. We did it for a few reasons. One- I wanted to put up a tree even though we were traveling in December. I wanted the tree left up with gifts under the tree waiting for Madeline. So, we bought an artificial tree. Two- real trees are EXPENSIVE!! We were spending about $100 on a tree. I just wasn't liking the big bucks going out like that.

3. When do you put up the tree? -either Thanksgiving weekend or the weekend after. My family always put it up Thanksgiving weekend, so that is where I tend to lean.

4. When do you take the tree down? We are supposed to take it down? I was planning on putting hearts on it for February, shamrocks for March, Easter Eggs for April, raindrops for May, flowers for June, firecrackers for July, beach umbrellas for August, books for September, ghosts for October and my husband for November. (PS... I take it down when I remember it is still up and am worried that people will start mocking me! HA!)

5. Do you like eggnog? Eggnog is a bad word.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? My Barbi Townhouse was my favorite gift. It ROCKED!!

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yup... a neigbor gave it to me as a gift. I love it!!

8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? pots and pans.... no loving for Jerry for a while after that one! haha

9. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mailed...umm but I haven't sent them in the past few years do to all of the drama.

10. Favorite Christmas Movie? -probably Elf and A Christmas Story. I still want a Red Rider Rifle... though I do worry about shooting my eye out.

11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? tomorrow??? Actually I don't normally start until right around Thanksgiving. It is then a mad, panic dash to 12/25

12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Decorated sugar cookies.. and.. umm... nope, that is my fave.

13. Clear lights or colored on the tree? This changes regularly. This year they are clear. A few years ago the lights were red and white. Before that I did colored lights. It depends on my mood, I gueess.

14. Favorite Christmas song? Karen Carpenter singing I'll Be Home for Christmas. She sang like an angel. Right now, though, I am loving listening to Riley sing Saucy the Snowman. It cracks me up!!

15. Travel at Christmas or stay home? This year we are staying home. Last year we were in China. We like to mix it up.

16. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? I have three kids. I have the reindeer on speed dial if Santa is busy. We need to keep the Naughty list updated.

17. Angel on the tree top or a star? Growing up I had an angel on my tree. Jerry had a star. This was a BIG problem our first Christmas after we married. Our compromise was to put St. Nicholas on top of our tree. He is pretty cool. I have never seen another one like him.

18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning? Christmas morning is the only option since Santa doesn't come until we are all asleep.

19. Most annoying thing about this time of year? I hate knowing I have to buy something for someone who has everything. I am not a good creative gift giver.

20. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme or color? My tree is filled with ornaments the kids made, gifts from friends and family and things that are filled with memories. I love looking at the tree and telling my kids all of the wonderful stories.

21. What do you leave for Santa? Milk and cookies.. and some reindeer food on the lawn. -a quick confession.. I got caught eating the cookies on Christmas. Umm... not good. I was able to replace them and get the offended James back to bed.

22. Least favorite holiday song? Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer


23. Favorite ornament? hmm.. I have a few. I love the one given to me while waiting for Madeline. Anything my children have made always is cherished. I also have some Precious Moments my Mother -in - law gave me before she died. They are so special.


Now, I am supposed to tag people. Instead, I am just going to say... if you want to participate, please do. Leave a comment so we can all check it out!

Later Gator

1 comment:

BobnMissy said...

Thanks for playing along! Gotta show Jen how to do it tonight. Also glad my musings are amusing... and I don't even have to try! It all just spews out... couldn't keep it in if I tried!