Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Thinking alot... Writing a little

It has been difficult for me to write here lately. I think life has taken so many twists and turns that sometimes I need to just stop. It isn't writers block because I sit for hours and "write" my thoughts in my head. It is just the need, perhaps, to control my surroundings for just a little time.

One of the things that has been in my mind is something that may seem odd. I am not sure where this thought process comes from, but it is prevalent, lately, all the time. Recently someone made the comment.."when given lemons, make lemonade". Normally, this would have seemed perfectly normal to me. Not anymore. Right now this saying bothers me. You see, to me, if you are given lemons, then you have lemons. Why the need to change them? I don't understand this. Maybe it is my current feeling that people are no longer content in life anymore. Sometimes what we have in life IS enough. Sometimes we need to go through the sour times and learn and grow from them. We don't have to think that we should pour a little sugar and add water to.. voila... our life is better. I guess I am at a place in my life right now where I know the difficult times, the lemon times, are necessary.

I know this may seem crazy to some people, but to me it is important. I think we need to appreciate everything in our lives for what they offer. We don't have to like everything, but accept that even the sour things have a place in this world.

If I was judged by my attitude at times... which can be very lemony... then people would always be trying to improve me to their liking... instead of understanding that I have many faces. I tend to see people as unique and special just as they are. Don't get me wrong, I know there are sickos out there... but when talking about lemons, we aren't usually talking about the worst of the worst. We are talking about the bumps along the way.

A few bumps, a few unexpected twists and turns just make life richer. I am better for the lemons in my life. I am stronger, more patient and accepting... I am more understanding and loving for understanding that even the lemons have their place in the fruit bowl.

Enough said.....

No comments: