Saturday, April 26, 2008

Updates to Come

I am going to try to post a few updates this weekend. Life has been non stop the past few weeks.


First, my father is having surgery on Wednesday. He did Pre-Op testing/bloodwork yesterday. He ended up going to AZ for the second funeral, but having to come home immediately due to pain and discomfort.

I am glad he was able to go. It was just a little frightening getting the call that he was really not doing well and to please meet my parents at the airport.

The last few weeks have brought a few realizations to me.
1. Life is precious and fragile. (I already knew this but it has certainly been a reaffirmation.)
2. Life is changing. It is now my turn to start taking care of my parents. They have slowly become more dependent on me... and that is fine with me.
3. It is important to keep in touch with family members and not let tragedy be what brings you back together.

I am sure there are many more things I have realized lately... those are just a few.

No comments: