Monday, June 29, 2009

Day 3- Moving Forward


Friday came. The first thing scheduled this morning was the all convention photo. Everyone was to wear red and white. I got up first thing in the morning, grabbed my suitcase and headed out the door. A HUGE storm hit on my way to convention. The rain was intense. The ride that was supposed to take me about 35 minutes. It ended up taking me over 90 minutes! I missed the photo and the Chatty Cathy photo after that. I was disappointed but thankful that I arrived safely at the hotel.

I checked into the hotel and went up to my room. I only stayed in the hotel two of the four nights of convention.

Friday was a good day. Business meetings were... ummm... interesting. Amending, amended, amendments. Big fun! Ha! A wonderful Adventures in Sisterhood Luncheon was enjoyed. I LOVED hearing the PIP stories. I was fortunate to be able to spend a little time with Peg Crawford and reminisce about the time we spent together at Gamma Theta back in 1985 and 1986. She is such an amazingly charming, and energetic woman! I wish I had 1/10th of her strength and energy! The time I spent with her at IC, I will carry with me forever. She is such a joy.

After the convention activities for the day were done, a group of Gamma Theta's headed out for the evening. We went to Stump's for dinner. It was so nice! Several sisters who live locally, but did not attend convention joined us for dinner. After dinner, we headed over to Howl At The Moon for some laughs, conversation and drinks. It was so neat to see so many gathered with a common history. The 25th Anniversary for Gamma Theta Installation is a year from September. Maybe this IC convention will be the proper catalyst to make the anniversary a big, wonderful experience shared by many.

Friday certainly made up for the difficult day on Thursday. I am glad I continued to push ahead.


2 comments:

Mommy of two said...

me too - I'm sorry you missed the pictures but you made it to the secret sister exchange right? :)

Unknown said...

We are reviewing a file of a little girl in foster care with SWI in Nanning City. I'd love to hear about your experience with the foster care system there. Please email me if you can
mkraudy(at)verizon(dot)net

Kelly