Saturday, September 24, 2005

Dreams of Madeline

Well, I have been thinking ALOT lately about my daughter. I wonder so many things. I am guessing that she has already been born. I wonder if she if she is warm, fed and content. I wonder if she feels safe. Does she know how it feels to know you are truly loved? Is she able to sleep peacefully? I wonder if she will know, in her heart that she is loved when she is placed in my arms. Will she learn to love me as much as I already love her? Will she enjoy her two crazy brothers? Who will receive the first cherished smile? (My guess is James or Riley.) Will she snuggle in close and feel our love protecting her from her fears?

So much happens in her little life before I can get to her. I hate that!! I know it is necessary in order for her to come home, but just hate the thought of her crying, feeling alone and me not being able to make it all better. It is amazing that she is so deeply rooted in my heart already. I truly feel love for her. Hmmm... Who would have thought that a grouchy, old teacher with two rough and tumble boys would melt at the site of pink little shoes. My poor husband must think I have lost it. (Actually, he knows me well enough to know that my kids are my life.)

I wish I could at least count down.... waiting is the pits.

No comments: