Monday, September 04, 2006

Nesting???

Could I be nesting? I have had some serious energy and drive to get some things done around the house. Today we hung the blinds in Madeline's room, took apart Riley's toddler bed... he moved into the big boy bed two weeks ago. We also painted the kitchen. I cleaned out the pantry... it looks SUPER! I also went through a boat load of papers and such that had piled up. Today alone I filled THREE garbage bags!

I am thinking I may be nesting. Think about it... a few days ago I organized Madeline's closet when James took all the pictures of her clothes. I also organized the changing table, folded her little socks and decided I just have to get out next weekend and buy bibs. Bibs? Yes, bibs. I have decided that I just need to make sure we have some bibs for our baby girl.

Now, maybe some of my urgency comes from PMS hormones... I can attest that they make me a little....... different, but this just seems different.

I am in MAJOR getting ready for baby mode. Heck.. it may still be months before we receive our referral, but I just have this insatiable need to get things ready.

I look at my list of all the things we still need to buy for Miss M, and wonder if I will ever finish the list. I can't count on a baby shower, since nothing is planned. I am secretly hoping for something little at work.. but don't tell them. I don't want them to feel obligated or bad if nothing is planned.

So, tomorrow I am planning on making a new list. I know... I have ten million lists already, but I really feel like I need to figure out what clothes we have and the sizes... mostly 12, 18 and 24 months and figure out what we need in each size to make a wardrobe that will hold Madeline over for at least a little while.

I have absolutely NOTHING smaller than 12 months. I mean... nada, zilch, zippo... so maybe I need to also make a general list of things that could be bought at whatever size she is just in case. Gosh... my second notebook is going to fill up fast!

It is times like these that I wish my sisters, biological and fraternal were closer. I am kind of a loner here at our new home. No AOII's to be found... so far. It would certainly be nice to have someone to bounce all of my crazy ideas off of. (My friend Ilene informed me that I am grossly unprepared this time. I think it is because this time... is just so odd.)

Well.... time to go do laundry, empty the dishwasher, bathe the boys and make a donation to MDA during the telethon. I think the donation will come first, though.... most important.

Happy Labor Day from someone who may be in adoption labor as she types!!!!!

2 comments:

Her Serene Highness will do said...

You're an experienced Mother and you should remember that babies never need everything you buy for them. Buy some onesies and rompers and she'll be set for the first year! Stock up on diapers, that's what will have you at the store at 3am!

And, about the "papers" you went through? You did SHRED stuff with your name on it, right? 'Cause you know how I feel about that!

Angela said...

Hi,
I just found your blog through the AOII incircle site, and wanted to send some alpha love over the miles. I can't imagine the emotions of wondering and waiting, ready to drop everything at any moment to go and get your baby girl. You'll be fine. Good luck!

angela
http://craftycanines.typepad.com/angela_knits