Wednesday, October 04, 2006

What Else???

Well, after having a pity party for myself from the reality that we most likely will not receive our referral this month... I was depressed. I was really feeling down and frustrated. Whew... if I only knew.

Yesterday I tried calling my parents a dozen times. I tried the home and cell numbers. No answer for hours. That is odd. Well, finally around 8 pm last night my mother called me. My father had a PSA count done... do to the fact of Prostate cancer 5 years ago. At that time he had his prostate removed and has been cancer free for 5 years. Well.. the cancer is back. His PSA numbers are off the charts. He will go in tomorrow for a bone scan. He had a ton of blood work done yesterday afternoon. Today my parents contacted the oncologist at Moffit Cancer Center. Things are moving quickly. Dad's doctor has PUSHED big time to make all of this happen in 24 hours. That is a good thing.. but worries me. I just don't know what this is all going to mean. I don't know when we will know either. Hopefully with all of this moving so quickly we will have some news in the very near future. It is just so scary.

Today our adoption agency contacted us to let us know that we do need to refile our immigration paperwork. On top of that whopper $600, we also need to have our State background checks redone, our child abuse checks redone AND our homestudy updated. This is looking like it is going to be one expensive mess. I am afraid this may mean the boys can't travel with us. It also may mean that we won't travel until January.

Just a little bit of good news would go so far right now.

I am already sleeping like crap and now wonder if I will ever be able to rest my mind enough to fall asleep at all.

Please keep my father in your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks

2 comments:

Jane said...

I'm sorry to hear about your dad and praying for you and your family.

(((hugs)))

B-squared said...

Oh Mary, so sorry to hear about your dad. Glad they are moving fast to get help though. We will keep you all in our prayers.
And yes - this seemingly never-ending stream of adoption paperwork is like rubbing salt in the wound of waiting! Soon, I hope, we are done. I haven't given up hope (yet) of seeing the girls' faces this month. I'll hold down the optimistic end of things for now. :-)
Take care!
Bryn