Saturday, December 09, 2006

Listening and Thinking

Well, I just read Shoey and Dot to Riley before bed. It was just what we both needed. It helped me to realize that I can wait a little bit longer for Miss M. I don't want to wait. I don't want her to have to wait.

I was talking to my SIL and shared the Shoey and Dot story with her. Then I logged on to iTunes and shared the Steven Curtis Chapman song, When Love Takes You In. I think I am at the point where love took me in over a month ago. I know Maddie is waiting. I know she may cry and not get the attention and love she deserves. That is why this extended wait is so challenging.

I have to remind myself that, as sad and horrible as this may seem, she does not realize that there is a different life out there. All of her memories revolve around her life in Taihe. She doesn't know any different. As difficult as that is for me, it is what is normal for her.

Love has taken me in. Madeline will feel the love I feel for her. It will take her much longer to feel love for me. This time of waiting is hard, horrible and horrific... but if she can be strong in her life now, I can be strong in this wait.

No comments: