Monday, December 17, 2007

Thanks for the Suggestions!

Okay, first, thank you for the suggestions I have received.

Gulp.. I bought a roast. I looked up cooking instructions in my Good Ole' Betty Crocker cookbook. I am hoping and praying it will work.

I am going to do crescent rolls from the tube. (I am confident on this part of the meal.) I will nuke a veggie... and bake some potatoes. (I figured baked pot. worked with a roast.) I will put some sort of salad together.. and YES, it will originate from a bag. The salad dressing has me a little perplexed.. but I am thinking Good Seasons in a carafe. I actually own a carafe. Who would have thought I would ever put it to use!?! I will open a can of olives and pour them into a bowl. (My Italian mother would be greatly disappointed if I didn't.) I found directions for a broccoli casserole thingy. It looks pretty easy, so I may tempt fate and go for it.

I have not figured out dessert yet, so keep those suggestions coming.

I am going to go troll the grocery store tomorrow and maybe come up with an idea or two. Heck, I may just stare in other people's grocery carts and see what they are buying. Isn't imitation the best form of flattery?

Does anyone know how to make Shirley Temples? I think my boys would think they are hot stuff if they had a fancy schmancy drink.

Shoot... I just realized I don't have a blender. Mine broke... ummm... making adult beverages. Do I need one? I am thinking that I may buy a bottle of wine. Any suggestions on this?

Okay.. so now you know my tentative dinner plans. I am getting down on my knees before bed each night and PRAYING this goes off without a hitch.

A girl can dream, right??

2 comments:

overtly trite said...

monkey bread easiest dessert in the world and it looks like you did something
-4 cans biscuits the small ones & not buttermilk
-1 cup white sugar
-1/2 cup butter or margarine
-1 cup brown sugar
-3 tsp cinnamon

preheat oven to 350. grease a bundt pan. mix white sugar & cinnamon in a plastic bag(larger one) cut biscuits into fourths and shake them in the sugar mix. dump the mess into the bundt pan
melt butter with brown sugar pour it over the the biscuits in bundt pan
bake for around 35 minutes let cool in pan for 10 minutes and turn onto a plate.
you can dress it up by adding raisins or chopped walnuts but I think it is just fine without

Jennilu said...

Shirley Temples are merely 7 Up or Sprite and Grenadine Syrup (you find this in the mixers section of the grocery store.)

Just pour the 7 Up over ice and add a splash or two of the grenadine, then stir. Easy Peasy!!!!