Friday, June 20, 2008

A Lump

One of my babies has a lump. The lump is located on the left side of the neck behind the ear, but lower. It is much larger than you would find at a gland. It is not an infection. It is not a cyst. It is about the size of a marble. It can be moved around, a little, but causes mild pain/discomfort.

The doctor said the good news is that it has not metastasized. It hurts me just to type that word. I thought I would throw up when the doctor said it. That is one of those words that a mother NEVER wants to hear when referred to her child.

The doctor has started running all types of blood work tests. Initial infection tests were negative. White blood cell counts were within the normal range. The doctor wants this done again. The doctor said we will run more tests. He said it could be an anomaly. He said we will continue to pick away at what this could be. He was not visibly worried.

So we wait.

I believe with all of my heart that my child will be fine. I believe this is an anomaly. Strange things happen to children. I can not even begin to imagine anything else. I won't allow my brain to go there.


Exodus 15:26

26 He said, "If you listen carefully to the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the LORD, who heals you."


Proverbs 4:22

22For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.

No comments: